What is my skin type?
Not sure what skin type you have? Find out now and learn which products suit you and your skin type the best.
How to Determine Your Skin Type
Combination skin, oily skin or normal skin? Admittedly, it is not always easy to correctly assess your skin and assign it to a skin type. However, having a basic knowledge of your skin type is key to help you take better care of your skin and choose the right products. Here is a simple test you can take to determine your skin type.
What skin type do you have? Time to find out!
- Cleanse your face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser.
- Pat your skin dry – don’t rub!
- Don’t use any other products and wait for about 30 minutes.
Now it's your turn! How does your skin feel? What do you notice when you look into the mirror? Your observations are crucial to figure out which skin type you actually have!
Skin Types Overview
- The skin feels dry and tight
- Dry skin might also look flaky and scaly
- It instantly soaks up your moisturizer
Oily, blemish-prone skin
- Facial skin appears shiny and feels oily or greasy
- Oily skin is more prone to pimples and breakouts
>> Tips to treat and prevent pimples
- Large pores in the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin)
- Dryness on the cheeks, neck and around the eyes, combined with a feeling of tightness, redness and flaky skin
- The skin is prone to oiliness and blemishes in the T-zone
>> Learn more about combination skin
- The skin feels normal
- It is neither oily nor dry
- Normal skin tends to have small pores
Skincare for Mature Skin
Do you wish to reduce the first fine lines or even deeper wrinkles? Mature skin benefits greatly from rich anti-aging creams and firming active ingredients. There is one thing all of our anti-wrinkle products have in common: They contain our unique Celumer Marine Extract. It offers a gentle combination of highly effective ingredients, which makes it easy to combine anti-aging benefits with a skincare routine tailored to your individual skin type. Not all of us have one specific skin type that can easily fit into just one of these categories. That is why during the development of new DALTON products, we ensure that all of our products can be flexibly combined with each other to meet every skin’s individual needs.
Skin Conditions and Problems
- This skin type is very reactive and prone to allergic reactions
- Burning sensation; the skin might feel tight and hot
- Persistent itching
Pimples and blemishes
- The skin is prone to pimples, blackheads and inflammation
- The skin can either be dry or oily
Skin prone to eczema
- Dry skin and severe itching
- The skin looks bumpy and scaly
- Rough, red patches of skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Dark spots or patches
- Post-acne marks or age spots create irregular patches on the skin
Do you still have doubts and would like professional advice on which skincare products are best for your skin type? Complete our Product Finder Questionnaire and receive a personal recommendation of products tailored to your individual needs.
This is how it works: Simply fill out the questionnaire which takes only a couple of minutes. Your information will then be analyzed by our DALTON skin experts and we will send you a product recommendation for your perfect skincare routine.
Any questions? Call us at +6019 517 0983 or use our chat. We will be happy to help you!